Friday, July 27, 2012

Kim Clijsters skipping Olympics Opening Ceremony to rest legs


Exclusive interview: Kim Clijsters has told The Tennis Space that she will be skipping Friday’s Opening Ceremony of the Olympics because she wants to “rest my legs”.


How has your preparation been? 


“I am feeling pretty good. I had a good few practice weeks. We had a lot of rain in Belgium but I did my rehab and I feel pretty good. I hit with Ana Ivanovic this morning and it’s going well.”


You have not played that much lately – are your expectations still high? 


“I want to play well and I know that if I play well I am capable of beating a lot of the top players out there so I am trying to give myself the best preparation possible so I can reach my best level. To win a medal would be amazing. But it’s still a long way ahead and I really have to focus on one match at a time and then we’ll see what happens.”


Will you go to the opening ceremony? 


“I just can’t. It’s just too close to the start of the tennis. Even walking around here I’m (thinking) I want to rest my legs, I don’t want to do too much, especially in the heat.”


How’s the Olympic experience so far? 


“This is my first time at the Olympics and my first time in the Village so I just came by to have a look. It’s great. It’s fun to see and it’s great to see all the other athletes. We’re staying in the same house we use every year for Wimbledon, so it’s the same routine, but I’m excited to be here and to be a part of it. This is my second last tournament so I want to do well. It’s fun.”

thetennisspace.com

No comments: