Friday, October 21, 2011

Kim Clijsters to return to court in December exhibition

Former world no. 1 Kim Clijsters will be back on the courts in Decemebr for an  exhibtion and is looking forward to the 2012 season.

“I am currently preparing for the Diamond Games (on December 8 at the Antwerp Sportpaleis) and the new season. And things [are going] very well so far. We’ve added a lot of volume to my base training and worked on power, endurance and speed training. In the meantime I started playing tennis 3 to 4 times each week, with Carl (Maes) and my new sparring partner Stefan Wauters. We have worked hard, but with a lot of pleasure and satisfaction.

The recent injuries are doing fine too: both the right foot [and] the stomach muscles respond very well to the efforts. I maintain some of my recovery exercises, especially for the abdominal muscles. [The] next couple of weeks my training sessions will include [even] more tennis hours. The way things progress now, I feel that I will be ready by the time of the Diamond Games! “On 1 January 2012 my season will start at the Brisbane tournament.”

Clijsters has not played much since winning her first Australian Open title in January, repeatedly hampered by foot, shoulder and abdominal injuries and is currently ranked outside the top 10.

tennisworldusa

I apologize for the strange formatting and cutting off of words.

Have tried to fix it must be a blogger thing, best to click on the link.

No comments: