Friday, February 05, 2010

Kim Clijsters and daughter Jada get Barbie-fied


A one-of-a-kind Barbie doll modeled after reigning US Open champion Kim Clijsters was unveiled on Wednesday during the opening day of the world’s largest toy fair in Nuremburg, Germany.

The doll has been sculpted in the likeness of Kim Clijsters with her golden blonde hair, accented with light blonde highlights, pulled back in a low ponytail, while wavy curls frame her face.

“When I was a young girl I played with my Barbie dolls all the time and took them with me everywhere I went. I am therefore deeply honoured and humbled as I today join the ranks of iconic women who represent Barbie’s aspirational values,” said Clijsters.

She wears a tennis ensemble inspired by the one she wore when she won the final of the US Open in 2009. Created of authentic Fila fabric, the ensemble includes a miniature re-creation of Kim Clijsters’ top and skirt. She wears a silvery necklace with clear Swarovski® crystal. Also included are real socks, and tennis shoes that sport the Barbie® silhouette and logo graphics.

Her racquet features authentic tennis grip and Barbie® logo; the ball is authentic tennis-green. The proud symbol of her accomplishment, a genuine pewter replica of the US Open trophy is included.

The doll also comes with a miniature version of Kim Clijsters’ daughter, Jada. This tiny doll charms with golden blonde curls, styled in a cute and playful look. Jada wears a re-creation of the actual outfit she wore on the day her mother became the US Open champion. The pants and black and white striped top, created of single knit, were meticulously designed to match the original.

“My family means everything to me, so I was really excited when I found out that Jada would also receive her very own “Jada” Barbie doll. This is something that is very special to me and my family and we will cherish it for life,” added Clijsters.

The dolls will be showcased in Mattel’s showroom at the Nuremburg Toy Fair from February 4-10. As the dolls are one-of-a-kind and made exclusively, they will not be sold at retail.

Source: onthebaseline

Awww, cute! even though the Kim doll looks nothing like her *lol*. Her daughter does though.

No comments: