Thursday, August 28, 2008

The day I've been dreading has arrived......

Well as they say all good things must come to an end, such was the case today when we took my niece and sister back to the airport :( .

Where did the summer go?, seems like only yesterday we were picking them up at the airport.

My niece was clearly happy to be going home, understandably so since all her friends are in Poland. She was definitely not looking forward to school though, and I can't say I blame her.

My sister on the other hand really didn't want to go, whether it was the long journey itself or wanting to stay I'm not sure, maybe a bit of both.

Once again the ride to the airport was very quiet, I did most of the chatting to break everyone out of their thoughts.

When we got to baggage check-in we all knew goodbye was inevitable, so as we got to the gate we all hugged each other one last time.

I always find that last moment to be the hardest, it's so difficult to walk away when your heart is so heavy with the knowledge that it'll probably be a while before you see each other again.

This whole day has been very hectic and full of nervous energy with both of them packing, making sure they have everything in all the rush they always seem to forget something anyway. This time was no exception *lol*.

Thankfully it wasn't anything vital. The hustle and bustle of this afternoon was such a contrast to the quiet that awaited us when we got home.

I suspect it'll be a good couple of weeks before I get used to all the quiet and to being alone all day again. It is definitely gonna be weird.

At the time I write this they've barely been gone 2 hours, but I already miss them.

As we were leaving the parking lot en route to the airport, the parental units started to bicker as usual, I jokingly turned to my sister and told her "great now I'm going to be blamed for everything again".

And we had a good laugh, but I think we were both aware that I was only half kidding. I loved having the parental units attention diverted from me.

Now that they're gone it'll be same old same old with me at the centre again.

Oh well, c'est la vie I guess. Hopefully it won't be too long before we're all reunited again, maybe even as soon as next year *fingers crossed*.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((LURKER)))

I can only imagine how hard it must be to say goodbye...

I'm glad you enjoyed the visit.

Lurker said...

Thanks Christie :). I did enjoy their visit a lot I just wish it were longer (as I'm sure you might have guessed). The strangest thing now is the silence, it's so quiet!.

I've gotten used to a lot of activity the last few months so to not all of a sudden have that is unsettling. Anyway thanks again for the hugs;).